Learn our story, from the beginning and into the future.
Encouraged by his relative, naturalist John Muir, to come to California, D.C. Treadway and his family moved to Napa from Wisconsin and opened an undertaking parlor and furniture store in 1902. Well received by the community, D.C. purchased and built upon a parcel of land at 623 Coombs Street and in 1916 moved the business to its current location. In 1927, Napa native Henry Wigger joined the firm and oversaw an expansion of the building in 1951. In 1971, Henry completed his purchase of Treadway & Wigger and his children Martha Wigger Wolfe, Henry E. Wigger and Theodore J. "Ted" Wigger continued to run the firm. On January 1, 2015 Treadway and Wigger Funeral home was sold to Buck Kamphausen, owner of Napa Valley Memorial park. which is now the new location of Treadway and Wigger Funeral Chapel and will continue to serve the Napa Valley.
Over the years, Napa has changed. So have funeral customs and traditions. But one tradition has been constant for over 100 years...The Treadway & Wigger commitment to service that has brought comfort to Napa families for generations.
Who We Are
Meet our staff. Members of the local community make everything that happens possible. Together, we make this place amazing.